Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Little Monkey

Addison has successfully learned how to get out of her crib :( I am not excited about the new skill that she has mastered. On Monday, she ended up taking her nap on the floor. Bedtime went well until about 1am when she got out of her crib and made her way into our bedroom. She spent the rest of the night in the pack and play.

Last night, Joe took the front off the crib so that it becomes a toddler bed. Addison didn't want anything to do with her new bed. She only wanted to sleep in the twin bed that is also in her room. So, we put a side rail on the twin bed and she went to sleep. That was pretty easy. Then at 2am, she was in our room again. UG! Too tired to deal with it, we put her in the pack & play and she went to sleep. 

I was dreading nap time, but she was asleep in about 5 minutes and only got out of bed once. Hopefully tonight is just as easy! We've got to get tough and make her stay in her room...easier said than done. She does look cute in her new big bed.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I remember those days VERY well. Matt thought I was horrible because I wanted to find some tight fitting netting to wrap around Kendal's bed so she wouldn't get out anymore once she figured it all out. Oh, I so remember that.
One time she was 'having a nap' and she heard the garage door open and that only means one thing - dad is home. I heard the huge boom of her hitting the floor after climbing out for her dad. Oh I don't like remembering those VERY frustrating days!
Good Luck!