Friday, May 1, 2009

Just a Statistic?

I started writing this post on Friday, but never got around to posting it. The sad thing is that the health of my family is still compromised five days later :-(

Last Friday, Joe stayed home from work with a horrible stomach ache and slight fever. I was determined to not get sick so I made him spend most of the day in the guest bedroom and even made him sleep there. One of our friends said that I was "mean and should be more loving" but there isn't much to love about a sick husband!

Addison vomited on Friday night and seemed to be fine after. She woke up so confused and traumatized in a huge nasty mess. After a bath at 1am, she crawled back into bed and gladly went to sleep. On Saturday morning, everyone woke up feeling OK. Whew...the worst must be over.

Unfortunately not! Joe was sick again on Sunday, while Addison was just a bit under the weather. This morning Addison woke up at 3am and has been vomiting ever since. We've changed her bedding at least three times and now she is laying on the floor in the living room. Poor kid :-( I just want her to feel better...or at least be able to keep some food and water down!

So are we victims of the Swine Flu? Yesterday the doctor didn't seemed too concerned. I choose to think that the swine flu is over-rated. I think we've just got something nasty that came from daycare or the indoor playland. Someday I'll learn not go there! We are not part of the .0000000whatever % that has the news media so hyped up!

On the bright side...I ran and finished my first ever 10K on Saturday. It was part of my training for a half-marathon and I'm planning to do in June.

No comments: