Monday, November 10, 2008

Addison's New Trick

While Addison was eating lunch today, I was cleaning up the kitchen and getting a few things done while she was strapped into a chair. I remember thinking that she was VERY quiet - oddly quiet. When I looked at her I noticed that she was shoving corn up her nose!

I was able to get two or three kernels out, but there were more up there. The doctors office suggested putting pepper up her nose to get her to sneeze. That got one more out. Then they suggested plugging one side of her nose and blowing in her mouth. That got one more kernel out. There was still at least one left WAY up in Addison's nose, so I made an appointment to go to the doctor's office. In the meantime, I got out the bulb syringe and got out two more kernels. At least one was STILL in there. 

Our appointment wasn't for about three hours, so Addison and I went outside to play. Joe wanted to take a look, he was pretty sure he could get this last piece of corn out of Addison's nose. We were getting ready to leave the house when Addison came running to me saying "mama, mama" and held out her hand with a piece of corn. AH HA the last piece of corn. 

I took her to Joe just in case, and he didn't see anymore corn in her nose! I guess all I needed to so was let her run around for awhile to get that corn out :) No more corn, peas, beans, or anything of similar size for Addison! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so horrible and yet so stinking funny.
What a little pill! I would be freaking out, major freaking out. You did well to keep your cool. Oh dear, so funny for you. I am glad it was you!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

As I was trying to get the corn out of her nose I was totally thinking "maybe I should call Rachel. I'm sure she's had to deal with this before."