Monday, November 10, 2008

Road Trip Revisited


Our visit to Mt. Rushmore. It was cold and windy, but we enjoyed the history. This was the best part of the vacation for me. The rainy three days in eastern South Dakota were very uneventful. 
Addison enjoyed jumping in the leaves that were piled up in the campground. 
We visited the "World Famous" Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota. They are famous for donuts and 9 cent coffee. The donuts were pretty good, the coffee was very bad. I really did miss Starbucks. Wall Drug is like a city inside a big building. It really was amazing. Addison and I found our way to the playground and couldn't resist this photo op. 
Grandma Dena and I left the hunting party a day early and drove the scenic drive through the Badlands National Park. The Badlands are amazing. You could easily spend a day or more exploring all the trails and fossils that are inside the park. We just did the quick drive through. 

FINALLY, here are some pictures of our trip to South Dakota. I really wanted to get some pictures of the hunting, but the weather was so bad, I didn't even get a chance to see where they were hunting. Joe said it wasn't like anything he's ever hunted before.  There were LOTS of pheasants, but they were hard to shoot. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt served his LDS Mission in the Dakotas and spent alot of time near Mt Rushmore and he LOVED the Badlands. He really wants me to go see it. He loves that place. I have an aunt and a few cousins in Rapid City. What is my excuse?
I am glad the rain eased up for at least a few days for your trip.

Rachel