Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, almost. I'm at least back in Oregon. I really enjoyed my trip to New York! We did lots of walking, saw two excellent musicals on Broadway and did a little shopping. I guess I better not forget about lots of eating too. There is so many excellent restaurants in NY. I felt like we were just eating all the time. The real reason that we made the trip was to attend Sabrina's graduation from the nursing program at Columbia University. It was a very nice ceremony and I'm glad that I was able to go.



I think that Addison had a great time with Grandma Carla. She was very indifferent when I got her out of her crib yesterday morning. She even threw a little tantrum when grandma left for work yesterday. I guess I could have stayed away longer!



Here are a few pictures from our trip. This is on Sunday after church. We walked from the Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church through Central Park to Tavern on the Green. This picture is in front of Tavern on the Green while we were waiting for our table. The flowers were beautiful.



After bruch we continued our walk through Central Park toward Sabrina's apartment. Does the fountain look familiar? This is where the beginning of Friends was filmed. The rain held off just long enough for us to get to Sabrina's place.






I think this was on Saturday. We were walking from our hotel to the theater to see Mama Mia and there was a street fair. I was trying to show how many people were in the street. It was just so crowded.


Tomorrow I'll go to Eugene to pick up Joe at the airport. He's taking the 30 minute puddle jumper from Redmond. We're planning to go on a bike ride on Saturday so hopefully the rain stops. On Monday we'll all go home ...... sweet home!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

my mom LOVES mamma mia
I have watched it twice, but not like my mom has
did you like it? I love the music, I listen to ABBA for weeks after I watch it. So fun1
It looks like a super time. New York seems so scary and huge to me, I am such a country bumpkin!