Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Been Awhile




Yes, it has been too long since we last posted to our blog. It isn't that our life is boring, we just haven't taken the time to write about it. Here is a little recap -

Last Saturday Addison woke up with red spots all over her body. Joe did some research and decided that she could be reacting the the chicken pox vaccine that she got about two weeks ago. He called the pediatrician's office and was disgusted when the nurse read the information straight off of the website. He decided that he had better take her in to see the doctor to determine if she had the chicken pox. Luckily, she didn't. Only a sore throat and some kind of rash. After the doctor's visit Joe decided to go to REI and take advantage of the big sale. He said he forgot the stroller and had to carry Addison on one arm and all his purchases on the other arm. I bet he never forgets the stroller again! 


I finally am getting back to painting the stressful guest room. I have a lovely green that I thought would be a great accent to the brown, but it looks more like baby poop green next to the brown. After painting almost the whole wall, I went back to Home Depot and picked out a new color. Now I'm back at the primer stage. Maybe by this weekend I'll have a close to finished product!



This morning the sun was shining and it was pretty warm. I found my roller blades and decided to take Addison in the stroller.  We drove into the city park where there is a 3 mile long paved path. I got about two strides from the car and realized that there was something very wrong with my roller blades - one was missing the front wheel. UGGG! Of course, this is about the only wheel that is really needed. I looked all through the car for a tool to switch the wheels around but had no luck. So I loaded everything up, put Addison back in her car seat and headed home. I briefly looked through the garage for the missing wheel but couldn't find it. These are the roller blades I've had since my senior year in high school so I guess it isn't too surprising that they are missing a few parts. Maybe another day....



Addison made her first phone call today. No matter where I hide the phone or cell phone, she finds it. She loves to push the buttons. She made a call to Matt Crane in Utah. I think grabbed the phone before she left him much of a message. I knew eventually she would call someone. I'm glad it was someone that we know! 

Finally, Addison is walking...everywhere!!! The farther she goes the more she giggles. The faster she goes the more she giggles. It is contagious laughter!

I guess that's about all the eventful things that we've been up to these past few days. We'll try to post more often. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Dang, I am sorry we missed that phone call!!
Such a bummer about that paint, i HATE repainting! I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Bigger bummer about the roller blades. It is so irritating when you have a great plan and that plan backfires on you!
Glad she didn't have a pox ordeal, what a scary thing.