Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ouch!

Yesterday, Addison was getting in and out of her chair and was very proud of herself until she fell out and landed on her face. Immediately her forehead had a HUGE bruise and within a few minutes, her nose and the inside of both eyes were bruised. I was convinced that she broke her nose. The pediatrician's office asked me a series of questions and from my answers determined that Addison may have a broken nose and most likely didn't have a concussion so there was no need to seek medical attention. I still wasn't so sure. Joe wanted to see her and I needed to get her some baby ibuprofen for the swelling so I stopped at his office. He did the light in the eye thing and said "yeah..I think she'll be ok". I still don't think I was completely convinced. The nurse also said that we needed to wake Addison every four hours during the night and make sure that she was able to wake up and recognize us. That made for a VERY tired morning! 

I took these pictures last night when Addison was having dinner - about five hours after the fall. The swelling had already gone down so much you can hardly see that she even has a bruise (my photographic skills don't help either). Look very carefully over her right eye and you can see some greenish-yellow coloring. I thought for sure it would get much worse and that we wouldn't be able to leave the house with out being accused of beating our child. 



Below is the picture that I took this morning. The bruise is almost totally gone except for a little bit across the bridge of her nose. If her nose is broken, it isn't crooked! We're crossing our fingers for an uninterrupted night of sleep tonight! 


No comments: