Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Firsts for Addison

With only a few days until Addison's first birthday, she has been very busy getting some "first" experiences. 

This past weekend we visited her pony Jose' and while I was riding another horse, Addison got her very first pony ride. She wasn't very  happy about wearing a helmet and as soon as it was removed, she was so excited. She even got into "clicking" to tell her pony to go. She was all smiles and even protested a little when she was taken off the pony. Joe is not looking forward to having a horse-crazy daughter, but I guess it is in her genes! I think he'll give in with just a little persuasion. 

Today, Addison and I joined a couple of moms and babies at the kiddie pool for Addison's very first swimming experience. She had a great time chewing on the rubber duckies and floating in the float tube. 

All these firsts and I forgot to take my camera. So, you just have to image a very smiley Addison sitting proudly atop her pony. Then, image Addison trying to squirm her way out of my arms in the pool. She was only successful once - and got a big mouthful of water!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Tell Joe he needs a bumper sticker on his truck that says
"DRIVER CARRIES NO CASH, DAUGHTER IS A HORSE LOVER"
or something like that.

So fun, dang that camera being left home.